Tuesday, March 2, 2010

First Day at Whole Foods.

(Taking a page out of Swampfoot's book.)

Today was my first day working at Whole Foods in Baltimore.



My sister gave me a ride to work and oddly enough we both had bananas for breakfast.



When I first got there I had to go watch two orientation videos. One on the history and people of Whole Foods and the other on customer service.



After that the lady from HR showed me around the store. We talked about the finer points of organic produce.



She introduced me to the lady who is in charge of cutting up fish, who was awesome and tried to make me hold a fish while I wasn't paying attention.


Huge Fish ATTACK! - The best home videos are here

We then went to the meat section where apparently 29 forms of sausage isn't enough...



Prepared foods was fun, because old black women work there. This pretty much guarantees whatever you eat won't be good for you, but you'll wish you had enough room for seconds.



After all this I had to go on a scavenger hunt of sorts throughout the store and talk with people in each section. I liked meeting so many nice people and everyone was super helpful. Then I ate lunch.



After lunch I had to watch a few more videos on the internet. To my surprise there was a shocking lack of nudity.



After filling out some paper work and eating some more free food I was done. I took the subway home, where some girl thought her freestyling skills were hot. I assure they were not.



I wanted to say something, then I remembered I live in Baltimore where things like this probably happen on public transit daily.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I currently work at a smaller locally owned version of whole foods...in your training day I would have been the fish lady but I probably would have just tried to get you to smell my fingers. We only have 3-4 kinds of sausage, but I learned how to make them the other day and I also am learning to butcher whole steers. It is really crazy. Enjoy your new job,I'm sure you will enjoy being able to cut a significant amount of grocery costs out of you monthly expenses.

Oh yeah, this is Ryan Coleman.

Supreme! said...

this is about my 50th time watching this today.... im dying!